Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tablet PC Back from the Dead!

My big news of the day is that, after almost two months of aggravation, I finally received my Tablet PC back from the manufacturer.  I’ll spare the details of the excruciatingly long process I went through, but suffice to say that I’m very happy to be reunited with my computer. 

I’m also very relieved to find that all my programs and settings are still intact.  I was afraid that they were doing to have to do a factory restore.  While I like the ‘new computer’ feel, I don’t care so much for the drawn-out, complicated process of reinstalling everything that I use with regularity.  The last time I had to perform that nightmarish act, it took me days to get everything back just to the way I like it.

Which leads me to wonder if I should upgrade to Windows 7.  I’m currently using Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and am happy with it.  But, as a student, I can purchase the latest version for a mere $29.99.  While I wasn’t among the legions that participated in the technical preview, I followed the details and people’s initial impressions with much interested throughout the past year.  Hopefully, I’ll get a better sense of direction after attending this week’s Windows 7 Launch Party.

I’m sure the world is awaiting my decision with baited breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment