Friday, January 1, 2010

Same Blog, Different Year

2009 is officially behind us, but I’m too physically and emotionally exhausted to process, parse, and pontificate on the significance of the date change in my life.  I haven’t abandoned this blog, but I took a much needed break after my last term ended, haven almost literally written my brains out over the past four months.

Traditionally, New Year’s Eve has always been a time of quiet introspection, of reviewing the past year and looking forward the year to come, of contemplating life, the universe, and everything.  This one, though, was spent in sheer exhaustion, having spent the day at the hospital with my wife for her carpal tunnel surgery (which went well) and her subsequent recovery (which did not go well).  Having only slept for one hour the night before, by the time the ball dropped, I was dropping as well.

My only tangible resolution for 2010 (so far, and I’ll explain that philosophy in a future post) is to just keep writing, no matter what.

Not tonight, though.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment