Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Stab at Poetry

I recently had to write a sonnet on any topic, with only the rule of being mindful of rhyming schemes and syllabic structure.

Again, against my better judgment, I fling this poem irretrievably to the great “out there”:

Unwritten words lie hidden in pages,
Clamoring for meaning, their lonely plight
Germinating tender shoots seeking light,
Prisoners freed from darkened cages,
Impatient actors longing for stages.
Questioning my competence, my words slight,
Expression is elusive though I write.
Words emerging inspire, heart engaging.

Spilling forth as light in blackness of ink,
Words well from inner reservoirs, I bleed.
My heart, in language of its own, is heard
In fragile voices filtered as I think,
Few repressed to bury again as seed,
Languishing lone inexpressible word.

~ Joseph Grabowski

No comments:

Post a Comment